- Very High Penetration
- Large Search Area
- Accurate Pinpointing
- Uniform Detection of Magnetic and Non-Magnetic Targets
- Full Digital Design: Consistent Performance and Calibration-Free Operations
- Elegant, Robust and Ergonomic
- Indoor and Outdoor Operations
The growing awareness of the dangers in MRI scans requires an increase in preventative inspections so as to ensure the safety of patients and the operators around them. A written questionnaire filled in by the patient can be prone to errors due to misinterpretation or ignorance of the typology of any implants or prostheses inside the body. A preventive by metal detector would eliminate banal mistakes and allow the doctor to better assess the situation.
The PD240CH hand-held metal detector incorporates the benefits of magnetometers and metal detectors, allowing a rapid analysis of the patient in the search for any ferromagnetic metal objects while discriminating all the objects, prostheses and implants that are not dangerous in MRI. In addition, the PD240CH can be used in environments where the use of a complete metal detector is required to search for any type of metal.
The PD240CH has 3 analysis modes selectable via a keypad interface:
HEAD: high sensitivity to very small ferromagnetic objects. Total immunity to non-ferromagnetic objects of average dimensions. Designed to analyse the head, this setting allows discrimination of, for example, non-ferromagnetic dental implants. At the same time, it can detect, at a distance of some cm, ferromagnetic spheres with a diameter of a few mm.
BODY: high sensitivity to small ferromagnetic objects. Total immunity to non-ferromagnetic objects of large dimensions. Designed to analyse the whole body, this setting allows discrimination of, for example, non-ferromagnetic metal prostheses. At the same time, it can detect, at a distance of some cm, ferromagnetic spheres with a diameter of a few mm.
ALL-METALS: high sensitivity to all types of materials. This setting allows detection of any ferromagnetic or non-ferromagnetic metal object, for example pacemakers, prostheses and vital support devices, and also any other object carried by the patient which should not be taken into the strong magnetic field area. This mode can also be used in the A&E environment, where there is a need to identify, for example, the presence of metal slivers in a patient following an accident or swallowing metal objects.
- Metal Detector: 2 x AA size Ni-MH, 2500mAh rechargeable batteries
- HHDS-CH AC/DC adapter: 100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 175 mA max.
- Optical, acoustic and vibratory alarm modes
- 3-level analysis mode selection buttons:
- All Metals (magnetic and non-magnetic metals)
- Body (small magnetic metals)
- Head (very small magnetic metals)
Detection and operation features
- Customizable via HHMD Configuration tool
- Battery life (AA NiMH batteries 250mAh);
- All Metals:> 80 hours
- Body:> 18 hours
- Head:> 20 hours
- Low battery indicator
- -40oC … +70oC
- -40oC … +80oC
- 0 … 98% (without condensation)
- PD240CH: 405mm x 120mm x 40mm
- HHDS-CH: 175mm x 115mm x 85mm
- Carry Bag: 430mm x 340mm x 105mm
- PD240CH (with battery): 460g
- HHDS-CH (with power adapter): 755g
- Carry Bag: 1.33kg
- Conforms to the international standards current applicable for safety, EM and to the applicable CE regulations